Who CCRA Is
Canadian Christian Radio Association is a non-partisan, association of Christian Radio Broadcasters whose member organizations reach millions of Canadians.
We hold firm beliefs that religious liberty is the cornerstone of a free society, and that we must protect those freedoms so that the transforming reality of Jesus Christ can reach hearts and minds the world over.
The CCRA also fosters unity among its members, promoting their passion to share knowledge and find solutions to challenges, thereby increasing excellence in their craft.
Our mission is to represent the voices of Canadian Christian Radio Broadcasters in an effort to promote, uphold, protect, and expand the voice of Christian Radio in Canada. We will be the voice of this group before government, institutions, and other people groups. We will promote standards of excellence, integrity, and accountability. Also, we will provide networking, educational, ministry, and fellowship opportunities for our members.
We will represent our member’s wishes in developing policy that furthers their initiatives and helps them reach their goals.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and is administered solely by the grace of God through our faith in Jesus Christ.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ
Code of Ethics
The CCRA desires to foster and encourage excellence in Christian broadcasting by establishing and maintaining high standards with respect to content, method of presentation, speakers' qualifications and ethical practices. We encourage our members to adhere to biblical ethical behaviour into our broadcasting, programming, business, management, financial, and relational responsibilities.
Recognizing the Bible as the standard by which we must evaluate all beliefs, instruction, policies and practices. The CCRA has adopted, and requires each of its members to live their lives according to biblical standards. Members will conduct their personal lives, corporate ministry, and business affairs according to scripture as lead by the Holy Spirit.
Members shall be involved in a management position with the Canadian Christian radio industry, and limited to one representative per organization. Members shall pay $100 per year membership fee.
The corporation consists of a general membership and an executive. The executive shall consist of a board of directors numbering at least 3 and a maximum of 5. The initial executive shall include the position of President - James Hunt, Secretary - Curtis Belcher, Treasurer - Jeff Lutes, Director - Mark Imbach and Director - Dave MacDonald.